Our team at the Port of Ain Sokhna – Egypt’s primary logistics gateway on the Red Sea – has been managing operations at the terminal since 2008. Since then, they’ve been transforming the port’s into one of the largest, most efficient trade gateways in the country.Read More
Through an investment of $520 million (USD) the terminal has expanded to include a second basin and 350 000m2 container yard – resulting in an annual capacity of 1.75 million TEUs (Twenty Foot Equivalent Units).
The port’s position just below the southern entrance to the Suez Canal, on the Red Sea, makes it strategically located to handle cargo transiting through one of the world's busiest commercial waterways. It is located at the heart of the vitally important East-West trade route.
DP World in Sokhna is a part of DP World’s global network that spans 69 countries, made up of logistics terminals, marine services, ports and economic zones.
- Our Business
- Why DP World Sokhna
As trade, commerce and lifestyles are increasingly being transformed by technology, we have kept pace with the demands of this Age of Technology through investments in our people by focusing on loss prevention techniques than mere guarding solutions. We embrace diversity, encourage personal development and provide our people with the tools to drive change.
Our Security Management System is aligned and accredited to ISO 28000. This standard was adopted due to it being a high level management standard, which allowed us to separately assess each security environment that we operate to develop, implement, and continually improve the measures that we adopted.
Security Compliance and Risk management remains our core focus areas. this is monitored through the Terminal Security Profile and Incident reporting applications.
- Security department is characterized by the presence of highly trained Security officers who play a major role in implementing company's Security rules throughout the port.
- Control Room of Security department is equipped with the latest Security systems and technology (CCTV), Access Control, Fire Alarm and Tetra Communication Recording that is beside a staff with highest level of efficiency for preserving company assets and clients’ interests within the port.
- Security Department provides great support to our customers by facilitating the procedures of issuance entry permits through the team in Permits section.
- Security Department continuously publishes the updates of company's Security policy which is concerned with the Security of its properties, employees and customers and should be in line with local and international laws.
- Recently, Security department applying visual Security plan by install cameras in Security pickups for further control during patrolling.
- Using the latest Security tools and equipment such as (X-Ray Scanners, Barrier Gates, Turnstiles, Explosive Detector) as well as the latest communication technology (TETRA) and that to maintain a safe working environment. Security Systems Support Team is providing technical support and maintenance for these tools.
The maritime lane of the port is fully secured through Marine Security Team, which in turn also monitors all maritime activities to ensure the proper applying of Security international agreements and to prevent any breach.