Our team at the Port of Ain Sokhna – Egypt’s primary logistics gateway on the Red Sea – has been managing operations at the terminal since 2008. Since then, they’ve been transforming the port’s into one of the largest, most efficient trade gateways in the country.Read More
Through an investment of $520 million (USD) the terminal has expanded to include a second basin and 350 000m2 container yard – resulting in an annual capacity of 1.75 million TEUs (Twenty Foot Equivalent Units).
The port’s position just below the southern entrance to the Suez Canal, on the Red Sea, makes it strategically located to handle cargo transiting through one of the world's busiest commercial waterways. It is located at the heart of the vitally important East-West trade route.
DP World in Sokhna is a part of DP World’s global network that spans 69 countries, made up of logistics terminals, marine services, ports and economic zones.
- Our Business
- Why DP World Sokhna
- Basin I: 750 meters Quay Length, 17 meters draft
1- Coal/Clinker Yard
- Yard with dimension 210*110 = 23100 M2
- Store about 100 K Clinker in quay side area or 200 K tons coal.
2- Iron Pellets Yard:
- Yard with dimension 260*44 = 11440 M2
- Store about 250 K tons IOP.
3- 900’s Yard:
- Yard with dimension 100*80 = 8000 M2
- Multipurpose yard.
4- GY07 CFS Temporary yard:
- Yard with dimension 100*50 = 5000 M2
- Store about 50 K tons.