- Women driving logistics in Latin America
- The heart of the matter
- The sails of empowerment
- Senegals Solar Mamas
- Paper is on a roll and Brazil is set to sustain it
- Keeping trade moving from the kitchen table
- Cleaning up the world’s longest river
- Developing new talent in logistics
- Home away from home: Building a safer space for migrant workers
- The kimchi way of life
- A greener UK
- Broadening Perspectives
- Our youth, tomorrow's leaders
- Surfs up in Boca Chica
- We Are United For Wildlife
- Warming up to the harsh winters of Peru
A greener UK
We believe that working in a sustainable and responsible way is essential to building a strong business for our customers, our people and our society. Through our wide-ranging sustainability initiatives brought together under our framework of Our World, Our Future, we are already helping address key UN Sustainable Development goals.
Here are some of our sustainability initiatives from DP World in the UK:
- DP World Southampton signed a pledge supporting Southampton City Council’s vision for the Green City Charter. The vision is to create a cleaner, greener, healthier and more sustainable city
- In 2019, DP World London Gateway terminal moved to a 100% green source of energy to power its operations
- The Planet Mark certification was awarded to DP World London Gateway for calculating its CO2 usage per TEU and making a commitment to reducing this
- Hybrid Cranes were installed upgrading and modernising the straddle carrier fleet. The latest batch of carriers which pick up and drop off the containers between ships/road or rail are hybrid electric machines.
This means by the end of 2020, we will have reduced nitrogen Oxide emissions by half.